1. What Information We Collect from You: While users can view our website anonymously, we collect identifiable personal information (“Personal Information”) about website users, when they voluntarily provide it in the course of viewing, browsing or shopping on the website, including to make purchases from the website, voluntarily register or otherwise subscribe on the website, or contact us through the website.
(a) “Personal Information” refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are and can be used to identify, contact, or locate you. Examples of Personal Information include, without limitation, your first name with your last name, your credit card number and other payment information, your billing/shipping address and/or email address, and your phone number; and demographic information (such as your age, skin concern) and/or other information that may help us identify you as an individual or allow offline or online contact with you as an individual.
Personal information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, first name and last name, Phone number, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country.
What do we collect and use personal information for?
How is the Personal Information used? The Personal Information you provide to our Website – for instance to connect with you for your orders, respond to your requests, process your orders and to offer you product and service offerings. We may send you notices (such as emails, mailings and similar correspondences) about products, events, promotions, services sponsored by us or others which we think that may interest you. We may use Personal Information to maintain our internal record keeping and/or share it with our affiliates for internal marketing efforts and may analyze user behavior to determine interest in and the use of our Website and emails.
Overall, personal information is used in order to:
- reply to your inquiries and requests for information;
- receive, process orders and complete submitted by you;
- customize the service we provide to you;
- carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- verify your identity;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you;
- carry out market research and tracking of sales data;
- send you newsletters, surveys or other information about our products, promotions and services by post, e-mail or SMS.
- publish on the Website, at our discretion, your submission comments, reviews and/or other inputs.
Do we share Personal Information and/or Website Usage Information with third parties? We may use third-party service providers or partners to help operate our Website and deliver/promote our products and services, and may share your information with our affiliates, partners, service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or via the Website or for our business (such as and not limited to Website, server or database hosting companies, analytics and/or customer survey companies, online payment companies (such as but not limited to credit card companies, PayPal etc.), e-mail service providers, online/offline address list hosting, distribution and/or fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers to use such information on our behalf).
(b) “Non-Personal Information” refers to information that does not, by itself, identify you or a specific individual. Examples of Non-Personal Information we may collect includes, without limitation, demographic information, which web pages of ours are most often visited, and which of our products are either receiving the most purchases or website visits. We may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above, as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies discussed further below. When you visit the Website to view, browse, read or download information, we automatically collect standard computer information that your browser sends to every web page you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. We generally do not link this standard computer information to anything that will allow us to identify users unless to enforce compliance with our rules or terms of service, to protect our service, sites, users or others, or for certain online advertising activities relating to our users, including to measure the effectiveness of our advertising. In addition, we also may collect other information, including through “cookies,” “device matching,” “device identifiers” and/or “web beacons,” as explained below.
See Section below titled “Access, updating or deleting your Personal Information and Opting Out of Marketing Communications” section for choices you have for opting out.
2. Website Usage Information/ Information Collected Through Technology: We and our third-party service providers may collect information from visitors to the Website regarding the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to the Website, information regarding your domain server, the country, state, and telephone area code where your server is located, your type of computer, timestamp data, and the pages of the Website that you viewed during your visit. Some of this information is gathered through the following technologies by us or our third-party service providers. These companies may collect information about your visits to our websites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having your information used by these companies, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Our cookies do not generally contain any personally identifying information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Website unavailable to you. We may combine the information we collect through cookies with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our websites, to personalize your online experience and to serve you ads based on your past visits to our website.
We use the following types of cookies on our websites:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or checkout services. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and define the number of visitors and how visitors use our website, for example which pages they visit and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information to identify a visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. They are only to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies. These allow the website to remember the choices you make when you return to our website to provide enhanced service. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies used to deliver adverts more relevant to you, define your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How can you remove cookies? Most of the browsers accept cookies. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, please be aware that blocking all cookies (including essential cookies) may impact on your user experience and may prevent you from using all or parts of our website. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
2.2 IP Address. You can visit many areas of the Website anonymously without the need to become a registered user. Even in such cases, we may collect IP addresses automatically. Each time you access the Website and each time you request one of our pages, our server logs your IP address. Standing alone, your IP address is not necessarily personally identifiable.
2.3 Web Beacons. We may use a variety of other technical methods for tracking purposes, including web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. We may use web beacons in HTML e-mails that we send our users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
2.4 Log Files/IP Addresses: When you visit our Website, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) that is automatically recognized by our web server. The IP addresses are used to help us administer the Website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use. Your IP address is also logged when you make a purchase as a fraud prevention measure required by the payment gateway.
- Google AdWords: Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook: Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950 To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
The payment processors we work with are:
2.8 Mobile Devices: You may be viewing, visiting, browsing or shopping through the Website from your mobile device. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we or our third-party service providers may receive such information if you access the Website through mobile devices. Some features of the Website may allow for the collection of mobile phone numbers. Some mobile phone service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the provider, we or our third-party service providers may receive this information.
3. Access, update, change or delete Personal Information and Opting out of Marketing Communications: We provide you with the ability to review, update, or correct Personal Information previously submitted by emailing us at [email protected] If you want to update, change, review, correct or delete your Personal Information, you may access your personal profile online, if one exists or is accessible, and change your entry by clicking on “Account” and “Login” and entering the applicable information in your account on the Website. Otherwise, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance in updating your Personal Information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate all such requests, especially to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Upon a user’s written request, we will functionally delete the user’s Personal Information from the database, where such information is stored; however, we will retain one copy of all information provided for certain legal or archival purposes for a prescribed period.
You may “opt out” or unsubscribe from our communications and non-transactional related emails and disclosures to third parties for promotional purposes by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive from us. You may choose to unsubscribe from marketing emails by sending an email to [email protected] or by simply clicking the unsubscribe link on our marketing emails. Please note that any requests may take up to six to eight weeks to become effective. Even if you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still need to contact you to send you important information regarding the operation or administration of your personal profile or other non-marketing information.
You may also opt-out of targeted online ads in some instances by clicking on certain links that may be provided in an online ad. For additional information about such opt-outs please visit the following third party website and or visit www.aboutads.info/choices/ to learn on exercising certain choices.
6. Disclosure of Information
6.1 Legally Compelled Disclosures: From time to time, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personal Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order or subpoena or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We also may disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing interference with or injury to our properties and/or rights, other Website users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Moreover, we cooperate with law enforcement and other related third parties to release Personal Information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce or to protect intellectual property rights, other rights and safety of our users, others, and ourselves.
7.1 Our Security Measures: Our Website employs industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) authentication and encryption technology, which helps protect your online transaction information and Personal Information from third party interception that you send us over the Internet. In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third-party banking institutions, process agents, and distribution institutions. They receive the information that they need to verify and authorize your credit card transactions and to ship your order. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard the security of your Personal Information, transmissions made on or through the Internet are vulnerable to attack and cannot be guaranteed to be secure. You hereby acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
7.2 Protecting Yourself: We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone or share your password in an unsolicited phone call, e-mail or social media. You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the secrecy of your User ID, password, and/or any account information in your possession or control. If you choose to become a registered user, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account and its password. You shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Website by you or any person or entity using your account and password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to immediately notify Us of any unauthorized use of your password and/or account or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit (i.e. log out) from your online account at the end of each session. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. The Website contains links to third parties, who may collect information directly from you. Each of the websites linked from the Website have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of us, and we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, nor do we make any warranties or representations about the contents, products, or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them. You can learn more about Internet privacy from government websites such as www.ftc.gov/privacy. In the highly unlikely event that we believe the security of your Personal Information in our possession may have been compromised, we may reach out to notify you of that development. You consent to our use of your email to notify you by e-mail.
8. Your rights: We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Information, please contact us to make the required changes. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the right (a) to access and receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you, (b) to rectify any Personal Information held about you that is inaccurate, (c) to request the deletion of Personal Information held about you. You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Us. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
9. Children’s Privacy: We want to let you know that it currently is our policy not to collect Personal Information from any person under 13 because children are not permitted to use the Website or services on the Website, and we request that children under the age of 13 not submit any Personal Information to us via the Website. As one measure to ensure that we do not gather Personal Information from children, we require that all individuals provide a valid credit card number before completing a purchase order. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children under 13, we will attempt to notify such child’s parent or guardian and erase such information from our records as soon as possible. We do recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves over the Internet.
11. Your California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a resident of California, you may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding our disclosure (if any) of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please write to: AveSeena, LLC., ATTN: California Privacy Rights , 541 10th St NW, Suite 122, Atlanta GA, 30318 We reserve the right not to respond to requests not submitted to the above address.
Last updated: May 2018 Effective since: 2016
© AveSeena, 2016-2018 All Rights Reserved