1. What Information We Collect from You: While users can view our website anonymously, we collect identifiable personal information (“Personal Information”) about website users, when they voluntarily provide it in the course of viewing, browsing or shopping on the website, including to make purchases from the website, voluntarily register or otherwise subscribe on the website, or contact us through the website.
(a) “Personal Information” refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are and can be used to identify, contact, or locate you. Examples of Personal Information include, without limitation, your first name with your last name, your credit card number and other payment information, your billing/shipping address and/or email address, and your phone number; and demographic information (such as your age, skin concern) and/or other information that may help us identify you as an individual or allow offline or online contact with you as an individual.
Personal information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, first name and last name, Phone number, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country.
What do we collect and use personal information for?
How is the Personal Information used? The Personal Information provided by you to our Website – for instance to connect with you for your orders, respond to your emails, requests, process your orders and to provide you product and service offerings.You may receive notices from us (such as emails, mailings and similar correspondences) about products, events, promotions, services sponsored by us or others which we think that may interest you. We may use Personal Information for our internal record keeping to better serve you and/or share it with our affiliates for internal marketing efforts and may analyze user behavior to determine interest in and the use of the Website and emails.
Overall, personal information is used in order to:
- reply to your inquiries and requests for information;
- receive, process orders and complete submitted by you;
- customize the service we provide to you;
- carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- verify your identity;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you;
- carry out market research and tracking of sales data;
- send you newsletters, surveys or other information about our products, promotions and services by post, e-mail or SMS.
- publish on the Website, at our discretion, your submission comments, reviews and/or other inputs.
Do we share Personal Information and/or Website Usage Information with third parties? We may use third-party service providers or partners to help operate our Website and deliver/promote our products and services, and may share your information with our affiliates, partners, service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or via the Website or for our business (such as and not limited to Website, server or database hosting companies, analytics and/or customer survey companies, online payment companies (such as but not limited to credit card companies, PayPal etc.), e-mail service providers, online/offline address list hosting, distribution and/or fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers to use such information on our behalf).
(b) “Non-Personal Information” refers to information that does not, by itself, identify you or a specific individual. Examples of Non-Personal Information we may collect includes, without limitation, demographic information, which web pages of ours are most often visited, and which of our products are either receiving the most purchases or website visits. We may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above, as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies discussed further below. When you visit the Website to view, browse, read or download information, we automatically collect standard computer information that your browser sends to every web page you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. We generally do not link this standard computer information to anything that will allow us to identify users unless to enforce compliance with our rules or terms of service, to protect our service, sites, users or others, or for certain online advertising activities relating to our users, including to measure the effectiveness of our advertising. In addition, we also may collect other information, including through “cookies,” “device matching,” “device identifiers” and/or “web beacons,” as explained below.
See Section below titled “Access, updating or deleting your Personal Information and Opting Out of Marketing Communications” section for choices you have for opting out.
2. Website Usage Information/ Information Collected Through Technology: We and our third-party service providers may gather information from visitors to the Website regarding the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to the Website, information regarding your domain server, the country, state, and telephone area code where your server is located, your type of computer, timestamp data, and the pages of the Website that you viewed during your visit. Some of this information is gathered through the following technologies by us or our third-party service providers. These companies may collect information about your visits to our websites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. If you would like to have more information and to know your choices about not having your information used by such companies, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or https://policies.google.com/privacy
Our cookies do not generally contain any personal identifying information. Majority of the web browsers automatically accept cookies, yet you can configure your browser to prevent this. However, not accepting cookies may result in certain features of the Website to be unavailable to you. We may combine the information we collect through cookies with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our websites, to personalize your online experience and to serve you ads based on your past visits to our website.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include cookies that allows you to have services such as (but not limited to) log into secure areas of the Website, use a shopping cart or checkout services. Without these cookies, these services that you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and define the number of visitors and how visitors use our website, for example which pages they visit and if they get error messages from web pages. They do not collect information to identify a visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. They are only to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies. These allow the website to remember the choices you make when you return to our website to provide enhanced service. This helps us to personalize the content for you such as remember your preferences and greet you by name. These cookies cannot track the browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies used to deliver adverts more relevant to you, define your visit to the website. This information is used to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may share this information if needed with third parties for this purpose.
To opt out of Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
2.2 IP Address. You can visit several areas of the Website anonymously without becoming a registered user. Even in those cases, IP addresses maybe collected automatically. Each time you access our Website and request one of our pages, your IP address is logged on the server. Your IP address by itself is not necessarily personally identifiable.
2.3 Web Beacons. We may use a variety of other technical methods for tracking purposes, including web beacons which are small data pieces embedded in e-mails or web pages. We may use web beacons in HTML e-mails sent to users to see if they opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in the e-mails. The information collected with from these technical methods may be personally identifiable.
2.4 Log Files/IP Addresses: When you visit the Website, we automatically log your IP address that is automatically recognized by our web server. The IP addresses are used to help us administer the Website and to gather demographic information for aggregate use. Your IP address is logged during your purchase on the Website as a fraud prevention measure required by payment gateway.
- Google AdWords: Google Inc provides Google AdWords remarketing service. You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize your the Google Display Network ads at the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads Google recommends to install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout -on your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides you with the ability to prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. Please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page for more information on the privacy practices of Google : http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook: Facebook Inc provides remarketing services and visit : https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950 to learn more about their interest based ads. Follow these instructions from Facebook to opt out Facebook ads : https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 Facebook follows the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies via in USA- Digital Advertising Alliance through http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, in Canada- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or in Europe- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/,. Please visit Facebook’s Data Policy for more information on Facebook’s privacy policies : https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Pinterest: Pinterest Inc provides remarketing services and to opt-out from Pinterest’s interest-based ads, enable the “Do Not Track” functionality of the web browser or follow Pinterest instructions: http://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/personalization-and-data For more information privacy practices and policies of Pinterest: https://about.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
The payment processors we work with are:
2.8 Mobile Devices: You may be viewing, visiting, browsing or shopping through the Website from your mobile device. Some mobile service providers may identify mobile devices and we or our third-party service providers may receive such information when you access the Website through mobile devices. Some Website features may allow for the mobile phone number collection. Some mobile phone service providers may use systems that determine the physical location of devices using their service. Depending on the mobile phone service provider, we or third-party providers may receive this information.
3. Access, update, change or delete Personal Information and Opting out of Marketing Communications: We provide you with the ability to review, update, or correct your Personal Information previously submitted by emailing us at email@example.com. If you want to update, review, change, correct, or delete the Personal Information, you may access your personal profile online, if one exists or is accessible, and change your entry by clicking on “Account” and “Login” and entering the applicable information in your account on the Website. Otherwise, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in updating your Personal Information. We will employ commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate all such requests, especially to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Upon a user’s written request, we will functionally delete the user’s Personal Information from the database, where such information is stored; however, we will retain one copy of all information provided for certain legal or archival purposes for a prescribed period.
You may “opt out” or unsubscribe from our communications and non-transactional related emails and disclosures to third parties for promotional purposes by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive from us. You may choose to unsubscribe from marketing emails by sending an email to Customercare@aveseena.com or by simply clicking the unsubscribe link on our marketing emails. Please note that any requests may take up to six to eight weeks to become effective. Even if you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still need to contact you to send you important information regarding the operation or administration of your personal profile or other non-marketing information.
You may also opt-out of targeted online ads in some instances by clicking on certain links that may be provided in an online ad. For additional information about such opt-outs please visit the following third party website and or visit www.aboutads.info/choices/ to learn on exercising certain choices.
OUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR – EUROPEAN REGULATION
AveSeena respects your right to privacy and it is important that you can control your personal data. Please find below a summary of the rights you have under the GDPR:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure/right to be forgotten
- Right to object to direct marketing, including profiling
- Right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent
- Right to object to processing based on legitimate interests
- Right to deactivate cookies
PLEASE CONTACT US AT THE CONTACT DETAILS BELOW TO EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS: Note that we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process your requests above. If you have any questions or would like to have us to supply you with a copy of any personal data which we hold about you, please contact us by submitting your request to us through the Data Access Request form on aveseena.com available at https://www.aveseena.com/data-access-request/
6. Disclosure of Information-
6.1 Legally Compelled Disclosures: We may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personal Information if necessary to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will only disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order or subpoena or to cooperate with the law enforcement investigation. We also may disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing interference with or injury to our properties and/or rights, other Website users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Moreover, we will cooperate with law enforcement and other related third parties to release Personal Information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce or to protect intellectual property rights, other rights and safety of our users, others, and ourselves.
7.1 Our Security Measures: Our Website employs industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) authentication and encryption technology, which helps protect your online transaction information and Personal Information from third party interception that you send us over the Internet. In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third-party banking institutions, process agents, and distribution institutions. They receive the information that they need to verify and authorize your credit card transactions and to ship your order. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard security of your Personal Information, transmissions made on or through the Internet are vulnerable to attack and cannot be guaranteed to be secure. You hereby acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
7.2 Protecting Yourself: We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone or share your password in an unsolicited phone call, e-mail or social media. You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the secrecy of your User ID, password, and/or any account information in your possession or control. If you choose to become a registered user, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account and its password. You shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Website by you or any person or entity using your account and password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to immediately notify Us of any unauthorized use of your password and/or account or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit (i.e. log out) from your online account at the end of each session. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. The Website contains links to third parties, who may collect information directly from you. Each of the websites linked from the Website have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of us, and we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, nor do we make any warranties or representations about the contents, products, or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them. You can learn more about Internet privacy from government websites such as www.ftc.gov/privacy. In the highly unlikely event that we believe the security of your Personal Information in our possession may have been compromised, we may reach out to notify you of that development. You consent to our use of your email to notify you by e-mail.
8. Your rights: We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to review, amend, correct, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. When made possible, you can update your Personal Information directly by signing within your account. If you are unable to change your Personal Information in your account, please contact us to help you make the changes. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we retain about you and if you want it to be removed, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the right (a) to access and receive a copy of the your Personal Information we retain, (b) to correct any inaccurate Personal Information held about you, (c) request to delete your Personal Information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
9. Children’s Privacy: It is our policy not to collect Personal Information from any persons under age of 13, as children are not permitted to use the Website or Website services. As one measure to ensure that we do not collect Personal Information from children, we strictly require that all individuals provide a valid credit card number or valid PayPal account before completing a purchase order. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from children under the age of 13, we will attempt to notify such child’s parent or guardian and erase such information from our records as soon as possible. We request that children under the age of 13 to not submit any Personal Information to us. We do recommend that minors over the age of 13 and under 18 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves over the Internet.
10. Your California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, as a resident of California you may request and obtain from us information once a year regarding our disclosure (if any) of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please write to: AveSeena, LLC., ATTN: California Privacy Rights , 541 10th St NW, Suite 122, Atlanta GA, 30318 We reserve the right not to respond to requests not submitted to the address above.
11. CCPA-Right to opt out: California residents have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. AveSeena does not knowingly “sell” personal information. However, the meaning of “sale” under the CCPA is broad and may include certain routine business practices such as including some that involve the use of website cookies.
Last updated: Jan 2021 Effective since: 2016
© AveSeena, 2016-2021 All Rights Reserved